Used to determine the presence of faults, voids, cracks etc., in in-situ or precast concrete and for longterm monitoring of structures subject to environmental conditions.
They give data concerning the homogeneity of the concrete, by generating pulses of sound into the concrete and measuring the time the sound to travel from the transmitter probe to the receiver probe through the material. Furthermore it is possible to have indicative data about the modulus of dynamic elasticity, and strength of the concrete.
The standard appliance includes:
- The instrument in basic configuration in a practical palmer container.
- Two 55kHz probes with connection cables.
- Calibrating cylinder and contact paste.
- Battery rechargeable pack NiMh 4,8V > 2000m/A with low battery condition alarm.
- Anti shock case holding the unit and the accessories.
- External feeder 230V and battery charger 12V 500m/A.
- Measuring range: 0 - 3000 µs - accuracy +/- 0,1 µs
- Selection of the ultrasonic pulse amplitude adjustable from 250 to 1000 V
- Measurement of the required time by the ultrasonic pulse to go through the tested material.
- Single or continuous acquisition mode with automatic or manual saving.
- Zero calibration with depuration of the time for the pulse to go through the probes.
- Calibration of a defined time value.
- Capacity of data acquisition, processing and filing of the test data up to 30.000 samples.
- Interface mini USB for PC connection.
- Two outlets for connection to the oscilloscope.
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian.
- The use of the instrument is made easy because it is based on the user-friendly system.